WOW. I can't even begin to quantify how the past 365 days has been. Any other given year might not be as special as the first year of a baby's life. All of the changes they go through - it's just amazing. From barely able to open their eyes to walking, babbling, feeding themselves, and doing countless other things. There are a lot of changes that happen within that first year. Here's a look at those major baby milestones for Ethan during his first year.
 |
| Ethan Ryan Trobaugh born April 1, 2010 at 9:09PM weighing 9lbs 4oz and measuring 21 inches long. I never knew how deeply you could love someone the first time you met them until I met Ethan. |
 |
| First car ride! The ride from the hospital to Franklin - which takes 30 minutes max - felt like 2 hours. I have never been so scared of cars on the road (and I had a little case of the back seat driver. Sorry Corey). We noticed how the trees had bloomed while we were in the hospital for 4 days. |
 |
| First bath at home. With help from Grandma True (just trying that out for sound). Our families were such a blessing during the past year. We wouldn't have been able to do it without them (honestly). |
 |
| One of the first smiles captured on film May 13th - 6 weeks old |
 |
| First time to the ocean - May 27th |
 |
| First time in the pool - May 29th |
 |
| First boat ride - Father's Day 2010 |
 |
| Rolling over July 8th - 14 weeks |
 |
| First solid foods August 2nd - 4 months |
 |
| Ethan's first time getting REALLY excited about Louie - August 6th |
 |
| First day of "school" - Aug 15th. I cried so hard while dropping him off the first day at daycare that Corey told me to leave the room. It was traumatic. I am better now - but it was so hard. |
 |
| Sitting up! September 1st - 5 months |
 |
| Crawling - October 1st |
 |
| Table food - October 15th |
 |
| Halloween |
 |
| Thanksgiving |
 |
| Christmas |
 |
| Walking with some assistance - December 17th |
 |
| Walking alone - January 8th |
 |
| First sled ride - January 23rd |
 |
| First experience in the cabinets - February 6th |
 |
| First basketball game - went to watch Uncle Mikey Coach on February 8th |
 |
| First time at the window with Louie - March 3rd |
 |
| First time at a real park |
 |
| And now, it's time to turn 1! |
And beyond just the baby milestones, here's a view into our life over the past year. I honestly have to pinch myself sometimes because I really can't believe these things could all happen at one time.
April: Ethan is born!!! I turn 29. Ethan helps my parents move into their new house. Our 5 year wedding anniversary.
 |
| Aunt Ali helps rock Ethan surrounded by the moving boxes. We were almost done taking loads of things from the Franklin Street house the new house in Tipton Lakes. |
May: My first Mother's day! On the way home from my 6 month check up I call a prospective renter for our house. Within 3 hours she has come to the house, decided she wants to rent it, and I have started the draft of our rental agreement. We make an offer on a house in Columbus which (eventually) gets accepted. Ethan takes his first trip to Georgia! He sleeps the entire way down (less a few hours for eating and diaper changes) and sleeps most of the night when we get there. I finish my first MBA class. I get mastitis which I wouldn't wish on any enemy (if I were to have one).
 |
| Mother's Day at Mike and Ali's |
June: We move. Wow.
 |
| Taken June 3rd - the day of our inspection. Notice the baby seat in the lower left hand corner of the picture. |
July: I go back to work full time. Ethan stays home with babysitters Kelsey and Emma during the day. We spend the first half of the month at my parents house while our house is getting new carpet and paint while we also start countless other projects. Mike and Ali get married!!! And I have my first week away from home for MBA class.
August/September: More house settling going on ... but no major events (that I can remember ... and I have probably forgotten more this year than in any previous years).
October: Rose-Hulman homecoming (a rainy first visit to Rose-Hulman for Ethan), Halloween (Ethan is a lion!)
November: Thanksgiving - Ethan tries turkey!
December: Baby's first Christmas. Ethan's second trip to Georgia. He cries/fusses most of the way down and doesn't sleep well any night we are there. Oh my how a few months can change things!
January: Bathroom remodel starts. What were we thinking? First day of construction and our family room ceiling is ruined from water. We are confined to live out of an upstairs guest room. Not fun. Second week of construction and our kitchen floors are ruined by the contractor. We are still waiting to get those fixed. Corey turns 30!!
 |
| Happy Birthday Dadda! |
February: Ethan gets tubes. No ear infections since the tubes went in. Unfortunately, I thought the tubes would also mean more sleep. Not true. Because for Ethan after tubes came teething so that has him up at least 3 to 4 nights per week. Poor Ethan. And poor Ethan's parents.
 |
| Teeth! |
March: Baptism!
 |
| I love that he looks like he is trying to sing while in reality was trying to rip the pages |
I think that about sums it all up. WOW again is all that I can really say. What a great 365 days it has been.
No comments:
Post a Comment