It was a big night for the Trobaugh family last Tuesday ... we went to Sears!! Why does that constitute a big night, you ask? Well because we don't get out much. So, when we do, it's huge!
The purpose of the trip was to buy some washer/dryer pedestals. I will explain in detail. Skip to the picture of Ethan way at the bottom if that's all you care about!
When we left our house in Franklin for the renters, we also left the washer and dryer. Why? Because our renter asked, and I was in a postpartum haze and didn't think to say no. So, we bought a new washer and dryer for our Columbus house and the front loaders are basically all you can buy now. So, we bought something like this:
When buying the washer/dryer, there was an option to buy a pedestal ... which is essentially a drawer that matches the washer and dryer that also raises up the washer and dryer about 1.5 feet. At the time of purchase, wasting $ on a pedestal didn't seem worth it. Here's what the entire washer + pedestal looks like:
Well, the washer/dryer people are pretty smart. Because, without the pedestal, the height of the washer and dryer is painfully low. So painful that I was hating laundry even more than normal (which is a lot). And, having just fired my once every 4 months half load at best laundry helper (he had ruined too many of my clothes to be forgiven ... he had to go), I was in desperation to raise the washer and dryer up. It started as a Christmas request but then turned into a "I need this now or we won't have clean clothes until Christmas". At this time I didn't care about the price - I will pay a lot to not be in pain when doing something I already dread but is absolutely necessary (toddlers easily go through 2 sets of clothes per day including PJs, sometimes more). Now everyone has the extensive details on why we were at Sears.
For those who skipped to Ethan's picture, promise it's coming soon. Corey was entertaining Ethan while I was dealing with the 1 salesman for 4 people all interested in buying appliances at Sears in Columbus, IN on a Tuesday night at 6PM. Corey and Ethan ended up on some lawn mower/tractor combos in the store. I had to stay at a distance so Ethan wouldn't see my phone and throw a tantrum in the store when I wouldn't let him have it.
Squint. Wow you can't even see them. Well, so much for that. At least I got to tell my story about the new washer/dryer pedestals.
No comments:
Post a Comment