We just got another chance to see baby girl before she joins us! My belly was measuring small for a normal growing baby belly. The doctor said he wanted to make sure the baby was still growing well ... but I needed to come back in 2 weeks to check it out. Seriously - sending a pregnant woman home with somewhat abnormal news is no fun way to spend 2 weeks. Luckily, my mom came to the rescue - one of her many talents include nurse practitioner skills! She re-measured me and I seemed to be measuring right on. That eased my mind until we had the ultrasound.
The ultrasound went very well. Baby girl T is measuring exactly where she should be (29 weeks). We got to see her open her mouth once, and the ultrasound tech said she saw her practicing her breathing. She's also practicing yoga in my belly - holding her feet up by her head. And just like Ethan, her ankles are crossed (I still find Ethan doing that all the time). We only saw her face a few times because her legs and arms were covering it.
Doctor said baby is about 3 pounds (but who really knows - those measurements via ultrasound are usually way off). I'd like to think she is more like 20 pounds that would explain the number I see on the scale. Her heartbeat was 162 - higher than Ethan's at this stage. I remember being hooked up to the monitor in the hospital before having Ethan trying to decide if his 130-140 bpm heart rate meant boy or girl. :)
Here's one of the only good pictures we got. As I mentioned we never got a great one of her face. We did get to see her girl parts again - made my feel better about the pink room we have for her. (this pic shows her heart beat too)
So, baby T seems to be doing well. And, if all is according to plan, she will be joining us on December 29th, 2011 probably around 9:00AM!! To make that seem like it's just around the corner, I started playing Christmas music in my car. Whatever makes me feel better!
No comments:
Post a Comment