Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween!!  I must say I haven't always been a huge fan of Halloween.  But that is changing now that we have a little one running around the house.  It's much more fun to get in the Halloween spirit because I know that we have to at least dress Ethan up.  This year when we got invited to a Halloween party, it was time to think of costumes for all 3 of us!  Game on!

Ethan's costume had been established for some time.  When I started seeing Halloween ads in mid August, I had to think about his get up.  And, a pumpkin seemed like the best option!  He's a little too young for super heros, and just a little too old for the really cute baby costumes (like his precious lion last year).  So pumpkin it was!  I think he's the cutest pumpkin I have ever seen (duh - I am his mother!).


Then Corey's costume.  He had an easy time coming up with his costume.  He was watching TV a few months ago, saw a commercial, said "that would be easy to dress up as for Halloween", and the rest is history.  Who was he?


Enter, Mayhem! 


It's the allstate commerical guy - he calls himself Mayhem.  People at the party did get it (some guessed that he was a beat up husband - also a good guess).

Then for me.  The last time I was pregnant on Halloween I was an oven ... and had a bun in the oven.  I still wanted to incorporate my belly this year...so naturally I googled for ideas.  There were too many suggestions on the web for painting bellies.  NO THANKS!  Then I saw a "pregnant nun" costume.  How funny - perfect!  I ordered just a regular nun costume, no need for the belly enhancer for my costume!  Enter, a knocked up nun.


Now the entire family.  A nun took a wrong turn, found Mayhem, had a little pumpkin (and there's another on the way!):


With costumes set, it was time to go to the party!

Ethan played ball outside while watching the big kids play basketball.



Then he wanted to try the slide - it was really fast!



Basketball!  It was time for Ethan to play - making his first basket ever!!  I know grandad is so proud!


Another family Halloween shot:


Once it was dark, it was hayride time!!  It was a bit cold - but we still had a great time!




It was such a fun party!!

Happy Halloween - to wrap things up here's Ethan saying BOOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment