This past weekend we took an adventure. We went to Trafalger, IN to a place called Apple Works. I had heard a lot about it - its a big apple orchard + pumpkin patch + kids festival in one.
Apple Works was packed! There were at least 500 cars (and they all seemed to be parking at one time). Once we got out, we really didn't have a plan of attack. I wanted to get Ethan some apple cider, so we stood in a 15 minute line to pay for some apple juice. I also decided to get a carmel apple - not worth the drive if all we got was apple cider. Trying as fast as possible to get away from the crowd (crowds are no fun for large pregnant bellies!!), we went outside and decided to walk around the orchard. That's when I realized I had left my camera SD card in my computer at home ... meaning I couldn't take any pictures. I was, though, still dragging around my extremely heavy camera for no reason. Fabulous.
So, I took Corey's cell phone (I had left mine in the car on accident - more forgetful pregnancy brain to thank) and took some shots. Ethan had a great time walking up and down the apple trees!
Ethan did love that apple cider!! After the orchard, we went to look at the ponies (there was a little pony ride station). We also stopped by a small lake and taught Ethan how to say "agua" ... he's now bilingual ;)
At this point, I was tired from carrying my 25 pound purse, the baby in my belly was starting to dance on my bladder and there was no way in $#&& I was going to use a porta pot. So we headed home, only to be stuck behind a car that went maybe 30 miles per hour on some back roads in the country. We spent more time in the car than we did at Apple Works. But, Ethan seemed to have fun - so it was all worth it!
sounds like the perfect day....bet you're going back next weekend!
ReplyDeleteand that's a big NO! ;)
ReplyDeleteAnne - If I had known I would have warned you not to eat or drink before to avoid the port-a-potty situation! I wish someone had warned me the first year we went. We were better prepared this year. Your pictures are cute, looks like Ethan had fun!
ReplyDelete