Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

the kid's domain

I thought I would share the spaces where Ethan and Morgan spend a lot of their time when they are home.  First up, Ethan's bedroom!

This is the view upon entry into Ethan's room.  Usually there are books all over the floor around the chair.  I picked them up so we didn't look like slobs.  I would have opened the drapes, but we have taped up blackout liner to the windows.  Thanks to Grandma Trobaugh (or Georgia Grandma) for the help with that!  Corey had put up black trash bags on the windows to block the light during Ethan's nap time and for times when it stays light outside until 10PM in the summer.  I feared for our home - thinking that we might get kicked out of the neighborhood.  So I bought some fabric and Lori helped me cut, measure, and tape the shades up!  All of that to say why I cannot open the drapes.





The orange piggy bank is the first present we got when pregnant with Ethan. Thanks Mom :)


And Ethan's closet.  It's the size of a small room.  This is going to be a problem for Morgan when she gets older (no brother should have the bigger closet).  You will see what I mean when you see her closet later.  When she gets of the age where she cares about closet size, we will probably move Morgan (or Ethan) down the hall to the guest room.  The closet there is even bigger than Ethan's current closet.


Now, Morgan's room.  She hasn't officially moved in yet, but she will soon (she's still in our room in a bassinet - but when she sleeps longer at night we will move her in here).



These two pictures below that are on the changing pad are supposed to be hung up (they are from Auntie Shilpa!).  I have been ordered to stop putting things on the wall after a major failure on my ability to hang something that Corey had to fix (and also had to put a few more holes in the wall).  I will just tell him where to hang things from now on.  We also received some really cool letters that spell out "MORGAN" from the Connecticut Trobaughs!  I need to show Corey where those need to be hung as well!  After that, I think her room is "done".


These are my mom's baby shoes below!



And the white chair below is just a placeholder - that actually belongs in our master bedroom.  In our master now is the glider since we spend more time in there.  We will move the chairs when Morgan moves into her new digs.


Morgan's closet.  We maximized the space by adding an extra railing to the bottom part of the closet.  That helps with space.  But I would say it can hold half of what Ethan's closet could.


On to the bathroom! 

What the tub usually looks like.  If Ethan had his way, he might spend all of his time in the tub!

Me and Morgan! 

Down the hall to Ethan's coloring room/music room/office/workout space!

Helping dada clean up the mess.

Those are the places that Ethan and Morgan call their own.  Well I suppose the entire house is theirs in some way ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment