First the funniest part about the entire renovation. We needed to make sure the little ones didn't open the door to go downstairs. Enter a baby proofing solution for our door handles.
And guess who, just last night, opened the door for us to go downstairs? Ethan! That's right. We knew he was close to opening the door because he would make attempts and we would think "man he is going to be able to open that soon". Low and behold, he broke the baby proofing and opened the door! So much for that.
Once Ethan opens the door, here is what he sees upon entry into the basement.
Going to the left, a little welcoming "entry way" to the basement.
And keeping to the left, the playroom!
This is the view once the door is opened to the playroom. Ethan LOVES his tent. We read books in there. The tunnel that he has connects to this, we just haven't gotten the tunnel downstairs yet (we still play with it in the family room upstairs). Once it's all connected I am not sure he will leave this room.
Storage to the right of the closet.
.
And storage to the left of the closet.
The art work above the couch. Alphabet flashcards on the top, Ethan's artwork on the bottom (soon to be Ethan and Morgan's artwork).
Leaving the playroom, moving left, here's the downstairs family room.
We are getting some large chairs for the space (compliments of Champion Chores!) and have some art to hang, but it's coming together.
Leaving the family room, here's the next big attraction in the basement.
The pool table! And let me tell you, it's PURPLE!!! Corey absolutely loves it (well - as much as Corey can "absolutely love" anything). Honestly I also think it looks great. It's just very very purple. And that's a hard color to decorate around! The cover is a nice addition to the decor when the table isn't in use (and will help keep Ethan from scratching the table).
Keeping our tour going, here's a space that isn't much of anything now. We play basketball here with Ethan. There is a rough in for a bar (a sink and a drain) right where the book shelf is. One day we may add the bar to the basement :)
Still moving on, here's the door to the unfinished storage area. That mummy scares me every time I open the door!
The last space in the basement is the half bath.
I didn't show the toilet because everyone has seen a toilet. Corey is going to add the hardware (the towel ring and toilet paper holder) soon. I just love that vanity! I found it at Menards!! The vanity had a different sink with it, but I switched them because I just loved a sink on another vanity. The finishes are chrome -- I am much more of a polished nickel or oil rubbed bronze girl but I do like the chrome in the small space. Makes it very modern.
And this is it. Back to where we started! I think on this wall to the right I want to add a desk area for me. I will keep some of my non electronics here (stationary and gift wrapping).
And I said Ethan loved the space. Here we are a few weeks ago just running around the stairs in the basement (I am really glad we kept that area wide open!). I think we ran 3 miles - but we probably made it 50 yards ;)
I can't wait for this to be the go to hang out for the kids!! And, I am really excited that we can head to the nice basement when bad weather comes. I think the space is just awesome for us and I am very glad that we finished it when we did! (I can tell I am excited about the space because of all the exclamation points used in this post!!!!).
No comments:
Post a Comment