Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Corey-ism: #1

Corey is a wonderful husband and father.  That's the disclaimer in all of this that I am about to set up.  Corey knows he has some interesting quirks about chemicals and cleanliness.  It has to be the chemistry he studied for so long (we had to tell the hospital when we pre-registered last week for having a baby how long we had been in school .. his count: 22 years.  I didn't even think we were 22 years old yet?!?!).

I think I will introduce a special post ... as needed ... for any Corey-isms that I hear or witness.  It's meant to share with the readers of the Trobaugh Tribune because, honestly, they are funny.  And Corey is a good sport - he doesn't care.

So the first Corey-ism happened last night when we went to visit some friends for dinner.  Laura, who is also pregnant, asked if I wanted an O'douls.  YUMMM a non-alcoholic beer for someone who can't have alcohol - hook it up.  Those who know Corey know how this might end.  He vetoed the beer because "it still has alcohol in it - just less than 0.5%".  WTH really?  No non-alcoholic beer at 37 weeks and 3 days pregnant?  What's going to happen at this point?  OK - whatever.  I can wait 2 more weeks.  Grrrr.  The best part of the story though, happens next.  Corey, while holding Ethan, grabs a beer out of the fridge, hands it to me, and says "Can you open this for me?".  Enter the rimshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment