- I LOVE decorating the Christmas tree. I remember year after year of pulling out all the ornaments and talking about them while putting them on the tree. There were some made with fruit loops that held up for years (I doubt Ethan will ever be able to eat fruit loops because of this fact and that once Corey reads this he will outlaw the sugary fruity cereal because of the "staying power" of the food). Some were from my mom when she was growing up (those all had flocking all over them - some story about a tree flocking gone wrong). We would always play Christmas music while decorating the tree, too. I can't wait to carry on those traditions with Ethan and baby girl. Here's our tree decorating last year: http://thetrobaughtribune.blogspot.com/2010/12/oh-christmas-tree-oh-christmas-tree.html . Unfortuately because of the basement remodel schedule (and the fact that the furniture that was in our basement is now in our living room - where the tree would go?) and because baby girl is coming very soon, we have no tree yet this year. I say yet, holding on to hope that maybe we will go crazy one weekend and get one (once the furniture is moved). But let's be real - it probably won't happen. So, I will look at pictures of this tree to satisfy my Christmas tree need.
- I also love driving around on Christmas Eve (or sometime close to Christmas Eve) to look at all of the Christmas lights. Of course being a Trueblood, there would always be a competition (who's house was best decorated). Since we were the judges, we would always win! Recently the houses that have light shows in sync with music have been popular. I can't imagine spending so much time on that - but I really enjoy watching them. Here's an example:
I am pretty sure I would be the one with the ditto sign below if anyone in my neighborhood did that light's display!
- My final favorite holiday tradition is watching Christmas videos near Christmas. It started with Home Alone - we would watch it every year at Grandma Trueblood's while we ate dry Honey Nut Cheerios and looked through Sears catalogs to find toys we wanted from Santa - so much fun!! As I got older, Love Actually became one of my favorite holiday movies. And Corey's obsession with Christmas Vacation makes that movie a must watch for this family too. He even dresses up like characters from that movie (seen here in our Christmas blog of 2008!).
That's enough from me - Corey's turn!!
AAAAANNNNNNDDDDD cut. We had an unexpected Christmas present - so this post is discontinued. Looks like The Trobaugh Tribune will have to compete again next year.
Merry Christmas everyone! I can't wait to make more Christmas traditions with these 2 little ones around :)


No comments:
Post a Comment