Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

basement - 96% done!

I had just one request for the basement (haha who am I kidding - there were a lot of requests for the basement - but one MAJOR one) .... for it to be done before the 2nd baby comes!  And, if baby came today, I think I would consider the basement done.  YAHOOO!!

Although the basement is done (96% done), we haven't "moved in" yet.  More on that commentary as I go through the pictures of the almost finished, but bare. space.

Here's Louie modeling the entrance to the playroom.  And part of the 4% that isn't done - those are french doors with glass in the door (but there is a film on the glass that still needs to be taken down).  This is the view as soon as you turn left from the stairs.


And the view as soon as you turn right from the stairs.  That's the bathroom pocket door, and to the right of that door is the door to the storage.


This is a view of the larger room.  That chair is modeling where the pool table will be set up.  The door the the right is the door under the stairs.  Those 2 half walls are separating the will be "family room/TV room" from the rest of the space.


And this is the playroom.  I need to find new knobs for the doors (thinking of something kinda fun since it's the playroom).  I am loving the built ins (I have already put some overflow toys in the space - more to come once we hit 100% done!!).


Once down the stairs, turning right brings you to this ... the "larger room".  Louie is freaked out by the mummy (which just got taken down - on December 19th).  So remember, the bathroom is to the left in this photo.  Heading straight and then turning right will lead to the pool table (where the chair is now) and the family/tv room.


Thanks to Corey for taking the pictures.  In typical Corey fashion, Ethan and I are still not welcome in the basement.  You know, there are smells down there!  So, I am really hoping that I will be able to actually hang out down there within a year.  I am thinking I will be able to get down there in February after baby recovery.  That will be a good time for me to set things up.

What's left (besides the few things I mentioned above): carpet installers are coming back because there is a large visible seem that we aren't happy with, painters will come back to touch up (and take off film on the french doors), and then we move in furniture (including setting up the pool table)!!  Overall I am super happy with the space.  It adds so much in terms of usable space.  Ethan will love it (assuming Corey lets him go down there!).

No comments:

Post a Comment