Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

what should I name this post?

What should I name this post?  Since I can't call it "park" or "going to the park" again, I won't.  But, tonight that is exactly what we did: we went to the park!!  More on that later but first things first, we are back in our house now! (thanks to grandma and grandad for the 1.5 week hospitality stay!!!!)  Here's a not so great picture of the floors (still waiting on that camera to come back from repair!).


And one with Louie - he really shows contrast to the very dark floor.


And dark they are.  I can see my skin when it flakes off my arm after a scratch.  I have used the swiffer three times since we moved in Sunday night - which is the number of times I used it total to date in the house since we moved in last July.  We absolutely love the floors though, so the extra swiffering will be OK with me.  And who am I kidding, I will be oblivious to the specs of dry skin in a weeks time!

We put the floor on a diagonal pattern.  Since the floor joists run horizontal and our house is very wide but not long, the kitchen looked like a bowling ally because it was such a long and straight area.  The diagonal floor really helps break up that length of the house.  In hindsight, I think the board width itself would have broken up that really long narrow house feeling .. but I am getting used to the diagonal now and like it! (since the joists were running horizontal we couldn't make the floors a vertical orientation which we thought would have been the best option).  That's enough floor talk.  The moral of the story: we have new floors that are very dark and make our house look much newer (less 80's style) and we love them a whole lot!

Now park time.  I got Ethan early from school today because we were meeting someone at the house.  I am a glutton for punishment I swear.  I was meeting someone at the house about another project.  This one was also a result of the bathroom remodel in a round about way (bathroom remodel caused flooded ceiling in family room caused ruined hardwood floors caused new flooring to go in - while flooring was being installed it was revealed that our front door is rotting because there is so much water that hits it since it isn't covered at all from the elements.  Enter: an architect to help us with a design to add an overhang before we get new doors so they don't get ruined with the elements).  And honestly, taking Louie outside in the rain with no cover is getting really old.  After the front door project, all that's left is the basement (and the back patio, and the garage doors, and the only kidding this is a joke - but which part am I joking about?!?!).

Anyone still here?  Is this thing on? Can we get to the park yet?  I will just start in with pictures so I don't loose any of those who have made it this far through the post.



We went to the park across the street today - it's been a while since we have been there.  We usually go to one that is farther walking distance - about 2.5 miles away.  I asked Ethan to help me push the wagon since it was so heavy.  Only kidding - he wanted in the action so he pushed instead of riding.  The wagon served as a beverage and snack cart for the adventure (for sippy cup and cheerios).  Notice that blurry spot on the bottom of both pictures above?  That's my to-do list that didn't get out of the way for the shutter on my phone.  I should put first on my to-do list: "move to-do list away from camera shutter when taking a picture".  And I would mark that item as complete (the next few shots are much better).  I love crossing things off my list!

We found a tunnel at the park!  I don't know if I missed it last time we were there or if it's new.  I am sure I missed it.  But this time Ethan had interest so we went over to play in the tunnel.  Well, he mostly had interest in the bark (he almost got some in his mouth but I was there just in the nick of time!).



He kept going through the tunnel, and as soon as he would get to the other side (and all the way through the tunnel), he would reverse his way back to the starting line.  Funniest thing ever.  Not sure why he didn't like the "other" end of the tunnel?!

And then, time for swings!  No park trip is complete without swing time.  And swing we did - for about 25 minutes.  This is a long time for Ethan to do anything! 

It started as SO MUCH fun!!  (dang it that sneaky to-do list is back in the picture!)


And slowly, Ethan started getting very very very sleepy.


Barely able to keep his eyes open.


And at one point I really thought he was asleep! 


I was chuckling out loud. And then I thought it would be really fun to join him for a nap in the next swing over. But as soon as that thought came, Ethan got his second wind and we were up and at em again!  With the temps forecasted for mid 80's tomorrow - dare I say it might go to the park again?!  Gasp.   

Wow, apparently I didn't talk to enough people today and had to let it all out in the blog.  Sorry for the rambling.  I will try to talk more before the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment