Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

home, sweet home

WHEW we made it home.  It did take me a while to recover before writing this post.  The trip home wasn't great.  It wasn't absolutely terrible, but it wasn't good.  Ethan woke up Tuesday morning (our morning to leave Georgia) with an awful cough and almost wheezing like conditions.  We pondered going to the medical clinic before the airport in case he needed a breathing treatment or antibiotic.  I did call the clinic and they were "backed up".  That wasn't going to work.  I then thought that I might even have to stay in Georgia longer until Ethan got better, or drive home with him somehow.  After weighing all the options, we thought it best to get home with Ethan and then get to the doc as soon as we could.

Ethan did pretty well on the flights (meaning he didn't scream) until we hit Indianapolis.  When we landed it's like he knew we were close to home and that fueled his fire.  People looked at us like they felt really sorry for us that we had a screaming/crying baby.  I don't think people were mad because Ethan was charming everyone as they all got onto the airplane.  He loved the action of watching everyone get on the plane.  When the plane was in the air, and there was lack of action, it was very hard to keep him happy and contained.  What do we expect with a toddler on the move - I don't blame him for not wanting to sit still!

After we made it home, we took Ethan to the doctor to discover he had croup.  It's getting better - and I can tell he is feeling better.  He still hasn't been to daycare since Wednesday of last week!  I know he misses his friends.  We need to get him back to see them all.

Here's a pic from the plane from my phone - during a happy moment. Thanks goodness for the iPad and iPhone - those kept Ethan occupied 40% of the flight.


And after that moment there were no pictures worth taking.

Ethan did help us unpack once we got home!







I think that was helping.

We are all glad that the flights are over.  Corey looked at me before the first flight of two landed and said "I have never wanted to be home so badly as I do right now".  I agreed.  Something about travelling just stinks anyways.  Add a sick 14 month old and travelling really really stinks.  BUT --- the bright side of the story is that vacation was really fun!  We just need another vacation after the travel day we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment