After bath time tonight, I snapped a few photos. Mostly because I did something that I usually don't do. I combed Ethan's hair. I can count on 2 hands the number of times I have combed or brushed his hair during the almost 15 months he's been with us! It's just getting pretty long -- I felt that after a towel dry it needed a little help.
There's still some time left before a haircut since the top isn't growing as fast as the back. And the back is curly so it doesn't look long either. He didn't seem to mind the comb which is good - it will have to make more of a presence from now on.
And on the blog silence - well a glitch in the action I will call it. Ethan has had a hard time getting over the croup that he got on Memorial day. It morphed into an upper respiratory cold/cough that was still here early this week - 2 weeks later. He was a snot factory - and it was oozing from his ears too. Nice and graphic, huh?! At least we know the tubes are doing their job. He also didn't sleep as well as he usually does which is a sign he isn't feeling well. I did get him to the doctor for some antibiotics on Tuesday and he seems better.
So, as most things go in the way of germs, Corey was the next to get sick and he was down and out for a few days. And then the sickness found me. I was in bed at 6:30PM a few nights ago. Yep - that's early folks! A full day of work, care for Ethan, and bed at 6:30 at night leaves no time for extras like blogging. I think we barely fed the dog this past week. Don't worry he's just fine.
A few additional things going on: my new job and a new set of classes that both started the day we got back from Memorial day vacation have made it a bit harder for me to stay above water. You should see the laundry pile - ridiculous. Waiting on my laundry fairy! I think I will be waiting for a long time. I am hoping in a few weeks we will be all back to "normal" around here! Most importantly I hope no one else gets sick all summer. After all it's summer - no one is supposed to be sick!
All of that to apologize for the blog glitch. Ethan is doing so many things everyday that make us laugh and he's still growing so much. I am refocusing and will do a better job at capturing it all here. :)
And now, it's still before 8PM, and I am headed to bed. Still not feeling 100% and by Fridays I am just exhausted. I know many can understand that feeling! Good night!
I knew something was wrong because you hadn't posted in awhile. Let's hope you all are on the mend and can start enjoying the summer. Take care.
ReplyDeleteNanette