Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

more pool time!

Last night was some more pool time, this time it was a big pool!  Ethan had his first swim lesson!!!!  Here he is getting ready to get in the pool.



I would have taken more pictures - but I got in the water with him!  He wouldn't go to a stranger this early in a relationship - this being our first time there and all.  We have a total of 6 lessons - maybe by the end he will be more comfortable.  He had a great time in the water!  For 30 minutes, he got to splash, try to float, play with toys, and hold on to a noodle in the water.  So much fun.  He was ready to get out of the pool by 5:30!

Knowing it would just be me and Ethan for the night (Corey was at the golf course), and that I would have to give him a bath after the pool, and that I would have to get Louie out for a rest room break, and that we all needed to eat ... because of all of that - we went to Wendy's!!  And we also went there because I love Wendy's.  (Did I make a good enough case to justify fast food?  I hope so!).  Ethan LOVES cheeseburgers.  He has tried one from McDonalds before - he isn't so keen.  This is his second Wendy's burg and he can't get enough.






How summer like - eating with your swimsuit still on!

After a bath, we came downstairs to see Louie eating my dinner!  I wondered why he hadn't come up to make an appearance during bath time like he usually does.  My yummy Wendy's salad - complete with apples, spinach, blue cheese, pecans ... things I am pretty sure doggies shouldn't really eat.  So, Louie went into his cage.  I didn't want to have to deal with THAT accident later.  His poor tummy.  And, my poor dinner.  Sigh.


Ethan was telling me that he wanted to dress himself for night night -- so he took control of his PJs after bath time.  ;)

 
 



This is his "I really want to go up the stairs, but I know I am not supposed to, so I am going to try to get as far as possible before I get in trouble" routine.





OK, I will get down momma.  But not because you said so ... because I want to get into something else in the living room.


And the contrast between the stairs and the floor still cracks me up every time.  We had to delay the stairs a bit since Ethan was sick.  A few weeks before it will all be looking normal.

What a night!  And more swimming on Friday afternoon.  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment