Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

a little home improvement

We spent some time at Lowes this past weekend getting some things for the basement (on the list was carpet, and lots for the bathroom: vanity, sink, counter top, tile, faucet, light, and mirror).  We had a helper with us, who really was just more fun than he was help.  To highlight just how much of a "help" he was, we got only 2 of the 7 things on the "need" list.  We each took turns chasing him (literally) around Lowes while the other person actually got work done.  I was in charge of choosing what we wanted, Corey was the closer and dealt with contracts/ordering, etc.

I didn't take out my camera until the very end of our time at Lowes.  I wish I would have captured Ethan breaking a window treatment display (and proceeding to run around the store with the handle used to close the blinds) and climbing into a vanity under the sink area (I needed to make sure it was sturdy.  And, for Corey, I swept and sterilized it before he got in so don't worry).

I was able to capture Ethan running around with a bucket.  He was, again, literally running so the pictures are a bit blurred.





He did love the bucket!  He didn't love when I tried to help him hold it so that it wasn't dragging on the floor.  So independent!

Then it was back to find dada who was in the carpet section ... but not before touching all the carpet that he could.


Not only did the trip to Lowes wear us out, it wore the toddler out.  He was asleep by the time we got home!  And instead of me taking a nap too, I got to head to Menards to get the rest of the items on the list.  I did miss having my helper with me - he does make those trips SO much more fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment