Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

baby girl nursery - in progress

We have been working a lot (in little pieces) on the nursery.  Unfortunately, baby girl T gets the smallest room in the house (including the smallest closet).  But, once she's older, she can move down the hall to the bigger room (with the biggest closet).  So, a small price to pay and she won't even remember ;)

Her room started as a guest room.  After the bed was removed, this is what things looked like (I didn't start with a true "before").


We painted the room (pink, of course!), took out the ceiling fan and replaced it with a pretty crystal chandelier, added a crib and some accessories.


That chandelier was the second for the space.  The first one hung too low and Corey hit his head on it.  I tried to think of every room configuration that would allow that light to stay, but it wasn't happening.  I actually like this light I found even better - it just took a long time to find.  Thanks to my insomnia (I love pregnancy symptoms), I found that little guy on-line at 3AM :)  The dresser is from Uncle Mikey's!  It's the perfect changing table/dresser.  There are so many drawers .... it's heaven.  Thanks for letting us take it from you Uncle Mikey and Aunt Ali!

Louie is a great model, huh?


This is the "reading corner".  That chair is from our master bedroom ... where we currently have the rocker that will go in baby girl's room.  Since she will be with us for a few months ... we will use the rocker so much more in our room.  This is just filling in for a little while.


And a view from sitting in the chair.


And ... check out the closet.  It's small.  Not a walk in.  Because of that, Corey added another rod (that can be seen in the bottom left of the picture).  This makes the closet much more functional.  Also, there is room for storage above - so it shouldn't be too bad.  The clothes shown are 0-6 months :)


There is still lots to do (in my opinion).  The walls are bare ... need some work there.  We are changing out the drapes - getting rid of the ivory/white and going for some light green drapes with white dots to tone done all the pink.  I have them purchased, but they are too short and are awaiting a trip to Indy for an exchange.  There is a mobile to hang above the changing table.  And there is no storage in the room (which is needed because of lack of closet space) ... so I have to work on that, too.  I think the last touches are the hardest - the last 10% of competing a room takes me the longest!

With less than 2 months to go and a few major holidays in that time, too ... it's time to get on with finishing the room!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new light fixture. This unborn child has more clothes than I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and me both! I dream of a closet like that! :)

    -Anne

    ReplyDelete