Ethan has never been too interested in TV. When he was around 8 months old we tried some baby einstein videos because other moms said they were a dream - kept babies occupied and happy for a long time. We of course sat with him and tried to interact with the videos, but Ethan didn't care for them at all. His attention span was about 5 seconds, too. I just kept thinking how nice it would be to not have to "play" all the time - a little passive fun is a welcome treat with a toddler. He is just now starting to get a little interested in the TV (I know, mom of the year for pushing the boob tube at my son). But there is a lot to learn from TV. I watched MTV all the time and it taught me everything I know (right, mom?!).
Back to Ethan, he is starting to enjoy sitting in his chair and watching some TV. We are up to about 3 minutes of interest (this is a HUGE amount of time for a toddler I think). The 3 minutes is also a nice small break for momma and dada!
Hi favorites? Sesame Street and The Cat in the Hat. Probably because those are the only shows we have on the DVR!
No comments:
Post a Comment