Ethan has fallen victim to a rivalry of his parents. The best rivalry in Indiana: IU versus PU.
Indiana and Purdue played in b-ball this week, so we used Ethan to show our school pride. What was more fun than dressing him up in cream and crimson (and black and gold) was the reaction from friends and family. The IU v PU debate is an easy one to discuss on Facebook!
When I was younger, the IU v PU debate helped me realize that there was a bigger world out there. Every summer a neighbor's niece would spend a week with her in Columbus, IN and we would play together. I remember being on our swing set talking one evening. I asked her who she liked: IU or Purdue. She didn't understand what I was asking (she lived in Michigan). I didn't understand that not everyone knew IU or Purdue! I had no idea that people wouldn't know of them. It was a funny memory of the first time I knew I was part of something much bigger than just the IU v PU rivalry.
This Trobaugh family IU v PU rivalry will continue for a long time. I expect to have an IU degree in about a year, and Corey has a Purdue degree We both have family from both schools (hers:IU; his: Purdue). We both have great memories of going to campus when we were younger, attending ball games, etc. This won't go away any time soon ;) And Ethan is along for the ride. One rule: game day is off limits for wearing the "opposing" team's gear.
No comments:
Post a Comment