Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Letter "M" week

This week is letter "M" week in Ethan's class.  There was a note sent home that said the teachers needed a picture of mommy with their child (because, obviously, Mommy is the best letter "M" word!).  I was on it.  A mission to find the best Mommy and Ethan picture and have it printed and ready to go to school!

I started upstairs on the computer.  I went through the February 2012 photos, January 2012, December 2011, November 2011 ... see a pattern here?  It wasn't until I got to May 2011 that there was a picture of just me and Ethan (and by picture I mean print worthy - not just a blurry toddler and an disheveled non showered momma). And, those pictures were pictures I had paid someone to take!  Those were our White Chapel pictures at Rose-Hulman.

So, obviously I take a lot of pictures (you all see about 0.025% of all the photos I take).  But, that's just the problem.  I take the pictures.  So, I needed Corey to take over the picture taking so Ethan could have a recent "Mommy and Me" picture!  Enter a Corey led photo session.


Wasn't digging the "wearing baby like a papoose" look.  So, I had to make a wardrobe change.  Ethan was happy to keep Corey busy while I was getting ready.


Take 2. (or really 18 by now, but to keep everyone's attention we will pretend this is take 2)


Hmmm - one baby crying, the other baby waving.  We can do better.


No babies looking ... try again.


Success!!  A recent picture of Mommy and Ethan with Morgan as a bonus!  Complete with momma's claw hand, a really bad background, and more of me to consume the camera (working on taking it all off!).  But, it's a picture of me with the kiddos.  And I love it!!

The moral of this story, I need to hand over the camera more often :)

No comments:

Post a Comment