Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

could they be twins?

I can't wait to show these picture to Ethan and Morgan when they are older and probably fighting over who gets the remote control or who gets the last chicken nugget.  I really think these pictures could be of the same baby.  But they aren't. 

Taken at newborn session.  Ethan (5 days old) on the left, Morgan (10 days old) on the right.

Taken at 8 weeks.  Ethan (in St Simons Island, GA!) on top and Morgan (in Columbus, IN) below.
And did anyone catch that caption?  If you didn't I am sure your eyes just glanced back up to read it again.  At 8 weeks my mom and I drove to Georgia with baby Ethan (I love still calling him that because it's what some of our friend's children call him!).  We made record time for a newborn (under 12 hours).  I remember as we were driving through Savannah (and waving to grandma and grandpa trobaugh!) I realized that Ethan had slept almost the entire trip.  I had to get my game face on and get ready for an all nighter.  I had pulled a few in college - although I am pretty sure those involved some BEvERages, dancing, and probably some Denny's thrown in for good measure.  I thought I could stay up all night and then my mom could watch him some during the day when I napped.  But guess what, that was the first night Ethan slept through the night!!  I was AHHH-MAZED!  It was great.  Fast forward 21 months to Miss Morgan.  Her longest sleep stretch has been 5 hours.  Hmmmm ... the cure for Morgan's lack of sleep?  A trip to GA!!!  OK my bags are packed.  And my bags will probably stay packed for 9 months until Corey OKs travel for the smallest member of our family.  Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment