WOW I cannot believe that Morgan is now over 2 months old. Seriously this time is going by too quickly.
We did a mini photo session after a diaper blow out that required a clothing change. I wanted to capture all of her baby rolls which are just so stinkin cute!
Morgan is now in 3 months clothes, mostly because she is way too long for newborn (her legs were all bunched up!). There is still lots of room in the 3 months for her rolls to grow - but I bet she grows out of the 3 months due to length as well. We haven't gotten a length check in a long time so it will be interesting to find that out at the dr. office next week. She is over 10 pounds now, I am guessing she will be just under 11 pounds next week at her check up.
Morgan isn't yet sleeping through the night. Her longest stretch of sleep is about 5.5 hours. Unfortunately, her bed time is around 7PM. So, I try to go to sleep soon after her (read ... super early!) because she is up around 12:30 - 1AM every night. She goes down much easier after her night time feedings now that she is on Prilosec for her acid reflux problem. Then she will be up again between 3:30 and 4:30AM and up for the day around 7:30AM.
Once we are up for the day and she's eaten, she loves to go into the baby carrier. We head downstairs for coffee and we say hello to big brother Ethan who is usually eating a waffle with peanut butter and syrup while playing on the iPad. Breakfast can end in a dance party if Ethan puts on the music! Then Corey and Ethan are out the door, and Morgan and I clean up after them. Both of them. I am not sure who leaves more of a mess. After cleaning up we take Louie (or Lou-Lou according to Ethan) outside, start laundry, unload or load the dishwasher ... you know - all of the domestic duties that when I am also working full time usually get done late at night or on the weekends.
Morgan eats every 2 hours during the day, so I try to time things so that we can get out of the house sometimes. Every Tuesday and Thursday morning we go to a friend's house who is training me (I need lots of training - the type that she offers me is personal training to get my arse back into shape). I love my workout time! Morgan usually dozes during my time at the trainer's ... and if she gets fussy Jennifer will pick her up and she goes right back to sleep. I have been SUPER lucky that the winter has been really mild! It stinks that I bought snow boots for Ethan that he never wore (I will just save them for Morgan), but it's just so great that Morgan and I are able to walk with grandma lots! Not only does it help with the before mentioned geting my arse in shape, it's fun for us both to leave the house and get some fresh air. Naps are short and getting less frequent - just like Ethan, Morgan is very much a cat napper during the day. She will eat, play, sleep, repeat. And lots of diaper changes thrown in there as well!
I know that time with Morgan is going by way too fast. I think because this is our last baby I am wanting it to go slower than it is!! I never thought I would say that I really love the baby phase (you know, because lack of sleep, constant worry about what a certain cry means, jolting out of bed at night to make sure they are OK since you haven't heard them make a noise in 10 minutes). But I do love the newborn time! And pretty soon she won't be a newborn ... so I have to try to make sure time slows down.
Do you think Morgan read this blog then decided to sleep longer....I do!
ReplyDelete