Usually when I talk about a runner - it's the 4Runner (my adored first car that is loving retired life in Georgia). This time, my talk of a runner has to do with our house and the stairs in the house!
Last year, probably in October, I took a tumble down the stairs at 2AM when I was getting Ethan a bottle. That sucked. It hurt. And, with Ethan getting more active, it was time to put a runner on the all wood stairs so that it was safer for everyone.
Here's the before:
The during:
And, the after!:
It matches really well with the existing carpet!
I love the texture of the carpet.
I love everything about it! It's really comfortable, too! And, super safe compared to before!
I was surprised by the process. It wasn't one large piece of carpet, but a few cuts that covered about 5 steps as a time. I really liked the guy who installed - he was super knowledgeable about the carpet/runner process. Using Seymour Carpet gallery was the best choice thanks to reference from a designer (I wrote that so I won't forget it later!). I also think it warms up the space - enough to get me thinking about what to do with the VAST entry way that feels neglected with no art at the top of the stairs or up the stairs. New project!!
No comments:
Post a Comment