Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Prepare for the mess

I had to take some deep breathes knowing what to expect when I walked into the house. Here's what I was greeted with.





And that's the family room not the bathroom! On the first day of reno exactly 1 week ago there was an "oops" by the builder. There were some plumbing lines that weren't capped before the water was turned on. Luckily Corey heard it and turned the water off quickly! Unfortunately we had holes and lots of water left in our family room ceiling. Today they took the ceiling down and replaced it with new dry wall. Here's where the family room contents are now.







And we are avoiding the area. Ethan stayed at grandma and grandad's this afternoon to avoid the mess and the noise of construction (with croup and an ear infection he can't go to daycare poor guy .... But he is feeling ok).

And here's the bathroom!




That's the new shower wall as we walk into the bathroom.

Here's the new shower area.




Also the recessed lights are in too. All the rest is still roughed in but will start looking better soon, I just hope the family room can get put back together asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment