Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MBA Graduation!

This past weekend was a big one - MBA graduation!  Which is funny because I still have 3 weeks of classes, 3 team deliverables, and around 10 individual "posts" that I need to do before I am COMPLETELY done.  However, it still feels great!!!

We didn't actually go to the formal graduation ceremony.  That consisted of a dinner that started at 5PM followed by a ceremony at 7PM.  Because of Ethan and Morgan, we felt it would be too hard to 1. take them with us or 2. leave them at home with grandma and grandad because with nursing it's just easier to have Morgan with me at all times.  So we had a great compromise - a trip to Bloomington to the graduation site.  We hung out with Melanie and her family, had a beverage!, and Melanie even let me borrow her robe for a family photo op.  Perfect!!






It took me 1 hour to get everything ready to head to Bloomington (travelling with kids!).  It was VERY hot outside during our graduation tailgate.  Ethan did pretty well but I was just a little nervous with him by all the cars in a big parking lot.  Melanie's son Brady left his shoes at home so her husband had to run to Target to get a new pair.  That took over an hour because of all the traffic.  All in all is was such a fun time just to be close to the "buzz" of graduation and it was great that the kids could be there with me.  I would equate it to the entire rest of the program - it was managed chaos that was really fun to live in, but was good to get back to "normal" (or in our case, home and to bed).  So just like the MBA, which has been an absolutely amazing experience that I will never regret, I will be glad when things are back to "normal" - whatever that means!

And I honestly did homework once we got home and put the kids to bed.  I have never done that after any other graduation ceremony!  Here's to the next 3 weeks going super fast, and the fun I will feel every time I can say "that is the last time I will ever ____insert action here_______ during my MBA program!"

No comments:

Post a Comment