You know it's a great beach walk when your feet look like this when you get home.
On to dinner. MMMMmmmmmm Bubba's! WOW it didn't disappoint! Although there was a large crowd, we sat down right away. The triple decker toastada with grilled shrimp - good night!
After Bubba's we walked down to Gnat's to see the special music festival taking place under Gnat's new deck/tent. One band had just finished and the next wasn't starting for ~30 minutes. Hate to complain about Georgia weather, but it was a bit cold to sit outside and wait for the band. So, we went back to the The Pub at the Village Inn (where we were last night).

Last night at the Inn while the band was taking a break, I went up to the guitarist and asked if he could play Sweet Caroline (after I had tipped them). He explained that he would be back tomorrow (meaning today) and he would have some more equipment AND someone from the crowd that he knew would be there could sing the song. I was thinking "Wow what a crazy long excuse to just say 'no we cannot sing that song' ". So I had almost written him off.
(Pic of me and Dad at the Inn):

Last night at the Inn while the band was taking a break, I went up to the guitarist and asked if he could play Sweet Caroline (after I had tipped them). He explained that he would be back tomorrow (meaning today) and he would have some more equipment AND someone from the crowd that he knew would be there could sing the song. I was thinking "Wow what a crazy long excuse to just say 'no we cannot sing that song' ". So I had almost written him off.
(Pic of me and Dad at the Inn):
Back at the Village Inn tonight, I saw the guitarist. I was hoping he remembered. It was getting a bit late and we were down to the last sips of beer. When the band took their next break we were going to leave. Then ... the guitarist made a special shout out to us saying that he hadn't forgotten about the song, he asked his buddy in the crowd to come up and sing, and away we were with the best Georgia song ever -- Sweet Caroline.
It was PERFECT. And, the entire bar was singing the song as well. In fact, they kept singing the song after it was over!! What a great end to a great Georgia day.
No comments:
Post a Comment