I haven't had much to show in the bathroom ... but now that there looks like progress it's time to share. It took over 1 week to just cut all of the tile. The contractor said there were 1,500 cuts of tile - the most he has ever done on one job (by far). Part of it was the marble tile - it's very soft and at one point it was more crubmling than cutting properly. They did fix that issue. Here's how it looks now - all ready for grout tomorrow.
The wall of tile that is straight ahead as you walk into the bathroom:
The shower:
The shower floor - I love the hexagon marble tile! I was super happy when I found it online. The blue tape are the drains covered for grouting:
And my vanity spot - with an entire cross section to see vanity, countertop, sink, backsplash, mirror, light fixture, and paint (that Corey painted at night last week while I was away at IU - and it looks awesome):
Left to do is: grout, finish plumbing, put toilet back, put all hardware in, replace modlings and paint those, and put another coat of paint on the ceiling. Of course, as soon as one thing seems to be fixed, another breaks (murphy's law). As I type this I am hearing a loud noise coming from the basement - a noise that sounds like a broken sump pump that won't turn off. And it's pouring rain here. I did check a few hours ago and there was no water down there. Let's hope that it stays that way. (updated: Corey is down in the basement and I heard banging followed by silence. This is either a very good or very bad thing - to be determined)
Time for Ethan's contribution to the blog ... he came over and started typing on my computer earlier tonight and I saved it to share:
Jfgs bvcg rju kiiij=[]’.?
./fZjhjN
Ethan got his first tooth this weekend! And since then, he's been a bit fussier than usual. We finally broke down and gave him baby Tylenol tonight - he just couldn't get happy with anything! I would try to take a picture of the tooth, but I have only seen it once myself and felt it just a few more times than that. But, instead of the tooth, here are pictures of Ethan. I added the blurry ones for effect - I cannot get him to sit still for the life of me. He is a mover! Tonight he was playing with a Gatorade bottle. It suprisinly held his attention for about 10 minutes - a miracle!
No comments:
Post a Comment