Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

February 11th is a great day - Mom's birthday! However, birthdays in the Trueblood house do not last for just one day - there is a birthday week, month, and season! Tonight we celebrated the actual birthday.

Riley was around for the celebration! Apparently he was very afraid of the balloons Mom got from her girlfriends today. It's funny what dogs can be afraid of. Louie cannot stand anything with wheels: bikes, hot wheels, strollers, vacuum cleaners. They all freak him out.


Before the party was officially underway, we started with some Wii! Mom tore up the tennis court and Mike set records on the golf course. I was happy because they were each playing with my "Mii" ... so it looks like I have all the records now. : )


Riley wanted to play but decided a nap would be more fun.


For dinner we headed to 4th St. They have some of the best food in Columbus. The only downside: when it gets really crowded it also gets smokey. Luckily tonight there weren't any smokers there.


After some drinks and dinner, Corey and I headed home in the almost 60 mph winds. Geesh it was slow going on the interstate so that we could keep control of the car.

Louie was happy to see us when we made it home. And, although he wasn't around for the actual party, he did get a piece of birthday to take home! Mom sent us home with a big treat and Louie was twisting and twirling in anticipation.


After the treat, he wanted more! He was smiling and he says thanks for the treat.


I just love birthdays! And I love that they are a great excuse to get together with family to have fun.

Happy Birthday Mom!

1 comment: