The casino opened last! And, for some unknown reason, I thought it would be a GREAT idea to go for the festivities (along with the thousands of others with the same idea ... recession? what recession??). We did get a free shirt since we were there for the opening.
We had plans to hang with Amit and Parul .. and they love Vegas .. so were totally in for heading to Indiana Live. The biggest motivator for me: Justin Timberlake!! He was scheduled to be at the opening with girl friend Jessica Biel (but, we found out this AM that he was a no show!).
Total time in transit (from Franklin to parking lot of casino): 1 hour (30 minutes to the exit on I-74, 30 minutes to get off the interstate and park in a lot that is 0.25 miles from the interstate). My parents and their friends spent 4 hours on I-74 and never made it to the casino! They had to start turning people away because the casino was at capacity. WOW!
When we got there, the nicer restaurant was all booked for the night (reservations needed which we didn't think about). Then, there was a long line to be seated at the NASCAR restaurant. Corey said "do we have to stand in this line to sit at the bar?". Great question to be asked because we bypassed the line and headed to the bar! Amit and Parul met us there a bit later and we ended up eating dinner at the bar there. It was good ... and CHEAP! Drought miller light beers were $1.58 .. yes that is right and it was heaven : )
Corey and I lost in roulette (all electronic tables) .. and then stood in line to spin to win $1million which we didn't win. I got a nice coozie that I gave to Amit.
One of the coolest things was Mosaic - the night club. Check out the dancers ... hired to dance on a plexi-glass catwalk above the bar. It did not feel like we were in Indiana when we were in here.
And pictures from after the shot and 2 martinis that Parul made me drink ; )
I think we will go back to the casino ... once it settles down and isn't as crowded. I know if I ever need a little Vegas fix I can drive 30 minutes to get it!
No comments:
Post a Comment